As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the role
Kraken’s Global Finance Reconciliation group is looking for a data-driven professional who has great attention to detail, is independent, organized and meticulous with operational activities. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth reconciliation operations of custodial funds across our various products. You will also have the opportunity to identify and implement improvements to our current processes, data and technology. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and contribute to the building of the new financial system.
This role is 100% remote. The ideal candidate will be based in either the US or Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Daily reconciliation procedures for funds movement in and out of the platform
- Log information into the appropriate database and triage discrepancies timely
- Continue operations in accordance with policies and procedures
- Complete triage and document follow up work to resolve missing transactions and processing errors/exceptions with Treasury, Accounting, Engineering teams and other departments as required
- Detect flaws in data while processing customer funding, trade orders, and ledger sources
- Support proper record keeping, data entry, and reporting activities including maintaining data, documentation, and work papers in accordance with established policy and procedures
- Prepare daily cash settlement reports and liaise with Treasury department for transfers and accounting for journal entries booking
- Assist with month-end close processes, including but not limited to preparation of roll forwards, exception balances, and pending deposits/withdrawals
- Assist in the implementation and execution of internal controls as needed
- Liaise with auditors as required to comply with statutory reporting requirements
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as needed
Who You Are
- Minimum Diploma\Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Background in operations for financial services; fintech or banking industry experience strongly preferred
- Big 4, Public Accounting, and / or Tier 1 investment banking experience strongly preferred
- Communicate in an organized and effective manner & deliver clear requests for information both verbally and in writing
- Work effectively in a team environment, understand personal and team roles, and build solid relationships with team members
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, systematic and accurate with the ability to develop and maintain clear and precise work papers
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines and performance metrics
- Google and Microsoft suite proficiency required
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel including use of pivot tables, formulas and formatting
- Demonstrate interest to independently learn business processes and technologies, in particular, ERP and CRM systems
Location Tagging: #CANADA #US #LI-Remote #LI-MT1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.