About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. The EF is not a company or even a traditional non-profit. We do not control Ethereum, nor are we the only organization that funds the critical development of Ethereum-related technologies. We are part of a large ecosystem of organizations, individuals, and companies that support Ethereum. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
About the Ecosystem Support Program
The EF’s Ecosystem Support Program (ESP) is the public facing allocation arm of the EF, providing grants and other forms of support to eligible projects working to improve Ethereum. ESP supports work that strengthens Ethereum’s foundations and enables future builders, such as developer tools, research, community building, infrastructure and open standards.
Your mission is to facilitate the growth of the Ethereum ecosystem by defining and executing the communication strategy for ESP, and communicating regularly with Ethereum ecosystem participants. Your communication platforms will highlight where ESP allocates resources, highlight how teams utilize those resources, and increase ecosystem awareness of ESP.
Passionate and capable new contributors are looking to build on Ethereum everyday. They face common obstacles – the technology is complex and the landscape is changing constantly. ESP works to lower barriers to entry, to draw new contributors into the community by helping them find success, and to magnify the impact of their work. That can mean giving advice, making connections, validating ideas, or providing financial support.
This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with and learn from some of the brightest and most talented individuals interested in Ethereum.
Define and Execute the communication strategy for ESP. Through regular blog posts, you will highlight how the EF allocates resources to support growth of the ecosystem, and engage with the community. You will work to increase awareness of ESP’s mission, initiatives, and ESP in general.
Support ESP sponsored Ethereum events. You will support ESP sponsored events to spread awareness of ESP to help allocate funds more effectively. You will work with event organizers to help bring the best value to the ecosystem with ESP’s sponsorship. The goal is to strengthen the Ethereum ecosystem, by increasing the alignment of applications with ecosystem objectives.
Support Grant Applicants. You will also support the ESP team, and other EF advisors, in communicating directly with grant applicants to help identify, assess, evaluate, and shape high potential incoming applications. We strive to ensure that all applicants have positive engagement with ESP, even when their applications are rejected.
In order to do this work effectively, you will need to:
- Define and execute on both a regularly scheduled cadence of communication activity and unplanned (asynchronous) / on-demand communication activities.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with people from different disciplines and domains.
- Engage with EF grant evaluators and advisors to be able to effectively communicate on grant awards.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with potential grantees and technical advisors.
- Ask the right questions so that applicants are appropriately supported by ESP.
- Make and communicate optimally informed decisions to connect applicants to relevant advisors, and support ESP decision making.
- Manage relationships with applicants and advisors.
You are skilled at communicating on a remote, global team.
- As an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, you are able to effectively summarize and communicate the benefits of complex technical projects outside your areas of expertise.
- You enjoy engaging with community members both virtually and in-person, including presenting to large audiences where appropriate.
- You are a strong relationship manager comfortable with complex collaborative relationships.
- You are a resourceful connector, a patient listener, and an enthusiastic Ethereum community member.
- You desire to ensure that everyone you interact with has a positive experience.
You understand the needs of the Ethereum ecosystem.
- You identify opportunities for ESP involvement,
- You are eager to jump into conversations with ecosystem contributors to understand their needs and determine how and if ESP can help.
You are also skilled at exploratory ideation and synthesizing information.
- You are comfortable and skilled at distilling complex technical information, which you are not a domain expert in, into communication snippets suitable for ecosystem consumption.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty, and ambiguity.
You are systematic and organized.
- You have strong habits for tracking multiple parallel accountabilities.
- When you take on a task, you get it done, and proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path.
Your values align with the Ethereum ecosystem.
- You are passionate about open source collaboration, decentralization, playing positive-sum games, and public goods.
- You truly want to see Ethereum succeed, not just for your professional or financial benefit, but because you believe it is good for the world.
- You have at least a general understanding of Ethereum concepts and the ecosystem. An in-depth technical understanding of Ethereum is not required.
- 3-month contract position with potential for hire.
- Fully remote
- Flexible hours with a need to accommodate scheduling across international time zones
To apply to this position, please include a brief cover letter explaining your qualifications and why you care about Ethereum, along with a resume or CV.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter bankless.pallet.com.