Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
Join our Core Backend Engineering team and have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing transformation of the digital assets industry at Kraken. Our team plays a crucial role in developing the backend that supports the exchange. As a member of the Core Backend Engineering team, you will have the chance to collaborate with highly skilled Rust Engineers from around the world. We are enthusiastic about open source projects and continuously strive to explore the potential of Rust. Our collaborative work environment allows us to stay ahead in the ever-changing crypto landscape. The team has successfully completed the rewrite of core services from PHP to Rust, resulting in improved performance and security of our platform. Currently, our focus is on enhancing our Onboarding experience. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards shaping the future of digital assets at Kraken.
This role is destined for candidates based in the Americas.
- Be responsible for managing, supporting, and mentoring a team of software engineers to ensure their growth and development
- Ensure strategic alignment within the team and across other engineering teams
- Promote cross functional work with teams such as Product, and Frontend
- Help the team with high-level technical decisions, and provide guidance on difficult design decisions
- Be hands-on and code in Rust to develop and optimize new services or features
Skills you should HODL
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience, primarily focused on backend development.
- Experience with software architecture, designing APIs and event-driven systems.
- 3+ years leading engineering teams.
- 1+ years of experience managing remote teams.
- Looking to potentially grow into senior management roles.
- You are interested in cryptocurrency and open to the potential it has to positively transform our world.
- You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
- You keep a close watch on modern technologies and can program in Rust.
Location Tagging: #US #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.