About the Role
Flashbots is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager! In this hands-on role, you will lead a talented engineering team to review designs, analyze technical trade-offs, and leverage a software development process that delivers core Flashbots products like MEV-Share and Suave. Your leadership style will foster a positive and motivating work environment so the team delivers their best work.
- Lead a team of engineers through the software development process
- Collaborate closely with the Product Management team to translate designs into documentation as well as technical requirements and specifications
- Evaluate, document, and educate others on design and implementation trade-offs
- Collaborate with product leadership to create roadmaps with clear project goals, deliverables, expectations, and timelines for teams
- Partner with our senior leadership team assisting with, but not limited to, high-level technical challenges, engineering initiatives, prioritization of work, organizational design, and company strategy
- Ensure the engineering team is able to deliver quality projects at a fast pace
- Provide career growth advice and performance feedback
- Focus on improving team processes such as sprint management, task tracking, and delivery accountability
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience shipping production-grade products, ideally using Go, Rust, or Typescript
- Advanced command of blockchain infrastructure and architectural designs
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, including the ability to motivate and mentor team members while upholding delivery cadence
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make critical decisions under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep familiarity with the Ethereum ecosystem and MEV supply chain
- Experience working across the Ethereum stack (clients like Geth or Reth, smart contract programming, etc)
- Contributed to open-source projects
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum’s Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of MEV-Share as we continue our journey toward SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Remote working – travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel – team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.ashbyhq.com.