What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP’s and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
The role of our Protocol Engineering team is to build state-of-the-art blockchain clients (nodes).
- R&D working culture
- Designing and building distributed and fault-tolerant systems
- An appreciation of scalable, high availability and low latency architectures
- Implementing networking layer and P2P protocols
- Processing and management of large data sets with strict real-time performance requirements
- Optimizing software performance
- Opportunity to work with the top software engineers and research professionals to solve the toughest technical challenges
- Working with the latest tools and technologies
- Ability to implement efficient algorithms and design complex data structures
- Excellent programming skills, C# or Rust or GO preferred but will also consider other tech stacks (e.g. Java, C++)
- An understanding of good software architecture
- Ability to write clean, testable and maintainable code without over-engineering
- An entrepreneurial nature, willing to take ownership and run towards problems
- Several years of experience in software development
- Strong computer science background
- A fascination with the inner working of blockchains
It is not essential but, if you have deep knowledge in one of the following areas, then we would love to talk to you:
- Distributed networks (P2P)
- Performance and memory optimisations
- Blockchain / EVM / TransactionPool / JSON RPC
- Complex data structures, for example; Patricia-Merkle/Verkle tries
- NoSQL Key Values databases for example; RocksDB
Examples of projects the team has worked on:
- Building of Ethereum client from scratch
- Implementation of Snap Sync protocol that improves the speed of Ethereum node synchronization over the network
- The Merge – implementation and migration from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake
- Performance improvements to an internal virtual machine (EVM)
- Improvements to memory management
- Design and implementation of efficient and robust data stores and caching
- Libp2p implementation in C#
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.eu.greenhouse.io.