We are changing the game… SwissBorg is here to put Crypto assets back into the hands of ordinary people by allowing them to manage and create their own wealth.
We are also Europe’s fastest growing Crypto app and since launching in 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland our flagship SwissBorg app has taken the market by storm! We currently offer 47 different cryptocurrencies and our user base has grown year on year, with 600,000+ community members.
Our aim is to be the gateway to DeFi. The revolution of crypto is bringing transparency and access to financial services that were, up until now, only accessible to the most wealthy. At the same time, DeFi is, in its current state, awfully complicated to use. Our mission is to build a product that is user-friendly and community centric most of all. With Swissborg, our mission is to provide everyone access to the tools that will enable them to safely increase their wealth using the power of DeFI.
Life as Director of Platform at SwissBorg:
This is an exciting period of growth for us at SwissBorg with a focus on delivery, from shaping efficient processes to squad coordination. We are building a top-notch Engineering Team with talents from all over Europe, and are looking for the spark that helps them focus on the essential and work in the best conditions.
As a Director, you will be instrumental to the success of our engineering teams and this is an incredible opportunity to play a key part in shaping the future of SwissBorg.
The position sits on top of the teams that serve our engineering team first. You would be responsible for our Platform Team, our SRE team and our enabling team of some of the most senior engineers within SwissBorg.Those teams lead transversal platform initiatives such as the implementation of our new CI/CD pipeline, work closely with Product teams to gather operational needs and help them with the implementation. You will be responsible to reshape those teams to align them along DevOps values and principles.
You will lead four teams of 17 engineers in total which will consist of SRE engineers, Scala back-end engineers, mobile engineers, TypeScript developers, QA and Security experts.
You will be responsible for three pillars: people management, team delivery and talent management.
How will you make an impact?
- Ensure productivity by removing obstacles and creating a results driven and high performing engineering environment
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering culture
- Coach engineers of all levels and individuals facing any work related challenges
- Develop and grow reports
- Manage expectations and work closely with high level stakeholders
- Be responsible for attracting, mentoring, supporting and retaining a team of top-notch engineers who design, build and support SwissBorg infrastructure
- Drive the implementation of the Platform roadmap and align it with the engineering team objectives
- Ownership mindset Monitor metrics to ensure that teams are hitting and are on target
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering to ensure that outputs and goals are align
- Owning and creating new processes and shift the culture to embrace a more DevOps principles
- Share opinions and input, with the ability to influence the direction of the engineering teams
- Onboard new members
- Attract and retain new talent
- Ensure that our hiring processes are best aligned with requirements
- Work closely with all Engineering Managers to create hiring plans
We would love to hear from you if you can bring the following experience
- 5 + years of management experience and at least 7 years of experience in technical roles
- Prior experience coordinating a platform team and delivering on a technical roadmap
- A “people first” approach – you care about facilitating learning and growth on the team – you put our engineers first
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, and are able to help teams develop trust and safety
- Comfortable providing feedback and having sometimes difficult conversations
- Strong attention to detail
- Although this is not a hands-on position – we are looking for an understanding of the latest frameworks and technologies so that when something isn’t working or delivery is slow, you know how to fix it
- The ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
Nice to have requirements
- Comfortable working in a hyper growth environment and understanding the challenges that come with a startup environment
- Previously managed remote distributed teams
- Knowledge of Crypto or Blockchain eco-systems
What you can expect from us:
We offer a remote working environment
25 days annual leave plus local bank holidays
Annual bonus paid in CHSB
A welcome CHSB bonus
Flexible working hours
Individual learning and development budget
Annual team retreats
A MacBook Pro
An equipment voucher to ensure that your home office is up to your standards
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.