Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $250M (€221M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Director to join our growing Engineering team and lead our Infrastructure efforts.
It’s an exciting time to join Sorare as we scale our engineering presence both in Paris and NYC. As we work on expanding to more sports as well as scaling our current infrastructure, we need to level up our growing organization to address our upcoming challenges.
As our Infrastructure Engineering Director, you will be responsible for the strategy and growth of our core infrastructure. The core competencies of this role include building and supervising the infrastructure of all our games with scalability and reliability in mind as well as scaling a team of site reliability engineers to support our hyper growth.
As a Engineering Director at Sorare, you need to be technically credible and to know the details of what engineers work on. Your time is also spent safeguarding your team’s health, hiring a world-class team, and putting them in the best position to succeed. Be ready, things move quickly at Sorare as we work toward building a unique and category-leading game!
You don’t need to be a sport expert, a gaming addict or crypto enthusiast to work with us. We’re looking for teammates who like to get things done, work in a fast-paced environment at a hyper-growth company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and expect to learn a lot along the way.
- Set vision and directions for our infrastructure team in order to enable Sorare delivering on product goals
- Help the team plan, execute and operate a scalable, reliable and efficient cloud infrastructure to support orders of magnitude more players
- Build tools to make our engineering team life easier
- Coach and mentor site reliability engineers to excel at their work and grow
- Hire and onboard engineers to build a diverse and excellent team
- Lead by example, being hands-on with individual contributor work when necessary
- Be a culture advocate within the company
- Continuously work on our engineering brand by producing content, attending events, leading tech talks and other creative ways to spread the word about engineering at Sorare
- 8+ years of professional experience in site reliability or software engineering
- 4+ years managing or leading SRE/DevOps teams
- Experience building and operating production systems at a massive scale
- Strong understanding of cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Production experience with Docker and Kubernetes (Terraform is a plus)
- Hands-on scripting experience in Python or Ruby (Golang is a plus)
- Deep interest in people and mentoring
- Experience with agile development practices
- Self-sufficient without the need for daily direction from your manager
- Eager to learn and work in an environment with new technologies and paradigms
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Stock Options – We want all our employees to contribute to the success of Sorare and we will award stock options so you can share in our success as we grow
- Health Care – We offer fully subsidized/covered health care
- Gym Membership – We will cover the monthly membership to our local gym
- Latest Tech – We cover equipment such as monitors, computer, etc
- Lunch Vouchers – Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses via meal vouchers
- Transportation – we cover 100% of the cost of transportation
- Relocation – Employees relocating will be assisted with the move, to make it as easy and enjoyable as possible
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter sorare.com.