OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
You will report directly to the General Counsel and lead the litigation & employment function at OpenSea. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team player that is passionate about blockchain technology and happiest in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, execute, and continually evaluate legal strategy in litigation matters and potential legal disputes
- Advise HR & recruiting teams on new programs, policies, and other employment issues
- Manage DMCA, trademark, and publicity rights issues
- Provide cross-functional business partners with practical advice on legal issues without clear solutions
- Keep abreast of quickly developing legal landscape to forecast and head off potential challenges
Who you are:
- 10+ years of legal experience
- Extensive experience setting strategy and running litigation matters for high-growth consumer technology companies
- Experience with employment and/or regulatory matters a plus
- Strong negotiation, risk-assessment, and dispute resolution skills
- Track record of collaborative partnership with lawyers and non-lawyers to solve problems and get things done
- Juris doctor from accredited law school
- Member of a US state bar in good standing
- A passion for web3 and NFTs
- Experience working in a startup environment
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.