About MoonPay 🌖💸
Hi, we’re MoonPay. We’re here to onboard the world to Web3.
Why? Because we think Web3 is a unique and democratizing technology. It gives people back control of their money, digital identity, data, and property like nothing else before it.
What we do
We’re the leading infrastructure company in Web3. This means we offer our partners everything from payment solutions (we call them ‘Ramps’) to minting software for digital collectibles, like NFTs. And over 16 million people around the world now trust our products — just take a look on Trustpilot.
We’re also big on collaborations. And we’ve worked on stunts, drops, and partnerships with some of the world’s most prestigious and forward-thinking brands.
But that’s not all. At the start of 2023, we launched our own consumer app because we wanted to see if we could build a better Web3 account. It’s taken off in a big way, so we’re working to hone it further.
So whatever your background, we’re sure there’s something for you here. Come help us build the future of Web3 and digital ownership.
Locations Supported 🌍
London, Lisbon, New York, Miami, Dublin, Amsterdam, Boston
This role will be hybrid, and will require you to spend some portion of your time in our office in one of these locations.
About the Opportunity ✍️
We are seeking a Director of Fraud and Payments Risk to help drive our business through the next stage of growth. This is a critical role within the company, and will report directly to the VP of Operations.
What you will do…
- Lead MoonPay’s fraud and payments risk program by setting and operationalizing the organization’s strategy through collaboration with internal stakeholders and third party partners
- Serve as the directly responsible individual across a diverse set of stakeholders, setting and holding accountability for data-driven goal setting and execution
- Set the standard as a core operator, fully understanding the end-to-end customer journey and achieving a key balance between user safety and experience
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Data and Design in providing business requirements for risk products focused on prevention, detection and response
- Develop and implement fraud/risk rules and strategies to improve fraud detection accuracy with maximum automation
- Partner with risk management through joint development of fraud policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with third party fraud programs and to create new standards for the web3 industry as a whole
- Ongoing identification and mitigation of risks related to the organization’s technology, financial operations, and compliance obligations.
- Work with the data team to develop models, evaluate and improve performance by identifying data gaps or new variables
- Establish and maintain relationships with external fraud and risk management vendors, including card acquirers, banks and card networks
- Your role directly impacts MoonPay’s strategic goals in ensuring risk mitigation through identification, investigation, and escalation of chargebacks, disputes, and card fraud globally, and knowing how and when to stop criminal activity whilst keeping our customers safe.
About You 🙋
This person must have the ability to set and operationalize the strategy for MoonPay’s fraud and payments risk program. They will operate as the directly responsible individual across a team of cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to product, compliance, legal and operations.
Most importantly, though, you will embody the core principles that everyone here at the MoonPay lives by. Our “BLOCK Values” are at the heart of everything we do – and they are…
B – Be Humble
L – Lead with Empathy
O – Own It
C – Communicate with Clarity
K – Kaizen
What you will need…
- An ability to plan strategically, and understand how to build towards a long term goal and vision
- Technical and professional knowledge of the tools and platforms associated with Risk and Fraud management
- An ability to work closely with data, and to extrapolate tangible insights from large data sets
- Strong leadership skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across the business
- Deep understanding of the Identity and Payments Risk domains
- Experience in crypto or fintech startup environments is a plus
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative, and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel that you are only a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
Equity package 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Annual training budget 💻
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
Commitment to diversity:
At MoonPay we believe that every voice matters. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. That’s why we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including, but not limited to, hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, and leave of absence.
MoonPay is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform our Talent Team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter moonpay.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.