Welcome to Aleo
Aleo is building the world’s first developer platform for permissionless, programmable, private applications. With our vocal advocacy for privacy tech in the blockchain ecosystem, we are playing a major part in mainstream awareness and industry adoption of privacy-preserving technologies. We are proud to offer a platform of services that exemplify privacy tech in web applications, increasing digital freedom and access around the world.
Overview of the Developer Relations role at Aleo
In this role, you will be responsible for creating technical content, tools and advisory that support both new and existing developers within the Aleo ecosystem. You will work closely with Aleo’s VP of Business Development, VP of Engineering to help simplify the process that developers build on the Aleo network.
We are actively looking for individuals who can help us grow and maintain a strong cohort of builders working across our DeFi, Gaming, Identity, Machine Learning, Voting/Governance and Institutional/Infrastructure use cases.
This role is fully remote, but Aleo has an office in New York City for those who are located in those areas and would like to work in the office with other team members.
Purpose & Responsibilities of Developer Relations Engineer
At Aleo, the Developer Relations function, housed under the Business Development team, is dedicated to educating and fostering strong connections within the developer community. Our primary objectives include:
1. Developer Advocacy: Serving as champions for developers within Aleo and advocating for their needs and interests.
2. Education: Providing resources, documentation, and support to help developers understand and maximize their use of our tools and technologies, including video-based content.
3. Technical Support: Offering technical assistance and rapid issue resolution for developers.
4. Feedback Loop: Gathering valuable feedback from developers to guide continuous improvement of our product offerings.
5. Community Building: Actively nurturing and growing a thriving community of developers who are enthusiastic about our products and technologies.
6. Event Participation: Attend industry conferences, hackathons and Aleo events to provide support and deliver workshops to engage with the developer community on a broader scale.
7. Grant Program Support: Collaborating with the BD team to review grant proposals, attend calls, and manage relationships with grantees post-acceptance.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Become an expert in Aleo and its product stack by building a deep understanding of its Zero Knowledge technology and codebase
- Identify and source developer communities that can build on Aleo.
- Develop educational materials to help people understand Aleo’s tech stack as well as foundational concepts around zero-knowledge technology.
- Create clear and concise resources for developers that want to build applications using our Leo programming language.
- Define a strategy and process for onboarding developers into the Aleo ecosystem.
- Establish a rolodex of resources and support channels to guide new and existing developers building applications on the Aleo network.
- Create a newsletter, forum, etc where developers can get regular updates on Aleo.
- Coordinate interactions between the Aleo core team and builders contributing to our open-source codebases.
- Define and track developer-related OKRs for yourself and our growing team.
- Advocate for the Aleo ecosystem and work with product, marketing, and engineering teams to help grow the community of active developers.
What We Are Looking For In You:
- Self-starters, have an entrepreneurial mindset and hungry to learn.
- Experience in software engineering, developer relations or other kinds of technical education roles.
- Intermediate understanding of GitHub and general coding knowledge.
- Fundamental understanding of blockchain and zero-knowledge technology.
- Ability to comprehend technical concepts to work closely with builders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Brings existing Web3 and crypto relationships/knowledge.
- Experience in developer relations or other kinds of technical education roles.
- Deep understanding of programming language communities.
Salary & Benefits
- $130,000 to $170,000 annual base plus a token package — determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, as well as alignment with market data.
- Monthly budget for expenses relating to working in a remote environment (home office set up & supplies, transportation, fitness & personal well-being, continued learning, etc.)
- Comprehensive, top-tier healthcare coverage.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Ability to attend major industry conferences and global events at the company’s expense.
- Regular team off-sites and retreats.
Aleo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Aleo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Aleo will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter aleo.org.