About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective leads the blockchain protocol landscape, dedicated to fostering a scalable and sustainable ecosystem. Optimism’s ethos, in sync with Ethereum’s vision, tackles pivotal coordination challenges of the digital age. Optimism’s goal is to harmonize private incentives with public good, shaping a resilient future for the Internet. Optimism’s scope spans diverse areas like Gaming, DeFi, NFTs, and Enterprise.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
Optimism Unlimited is looking for a Deputy General Counsel! As Optimism Unlimited’s first Deputy General Counsel, you will help build the legal scaffolding to support Unlimited’s mission. Your work will touch just about every area of the law—including regulatory strategy, corporate, commercial, and product. You will apply, and continuously develop, the holistic legal toolkit that only blockchain / crypto demands. You will be a valued teammate and leader, providing critical counsel to an organization on the cutting edge of Ethereum scalability infrastructure development. And you will do all of this as a member of a community uniquely united in its mission—where scaling not just Ethereum’s technology, but its values, always comes first.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Regulatory strategy. Guide Unlimited through the complex and rapidly evolving regulatory landscape, applying applicable securities, derivatives, money transmission, anti-money laundering, sanctions and tax law principles.
- Corporate and commercial. All the “traditional” start up work associated with a high-speed, high-growth startup: board meeting facilitator, deal negotiator and contract drafter. Streamline the small stuff through efficiency-maximized forms and processes. Tackle mission critical company initiatives with elite execution.
- Product development. Collaborate cross-functionally across multiple teams to develop and launch new products.
- Whatever else the job demands. Unlimited is a scrappy startup in a changing, competitive, global ecosystem. No two days are the same. Constant adaptation is key. While you will have ample resources to support you in whatever the task, you will be expected to operate as a willing and able generalist. No job is too big, too small, or too new.
What skills do you bring?
- 7+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm, government agency, and/or in house.
- Self-starter, problem solver, project manager, collaborator, creator, dedicated to your craft.
- Substantive legal experience working with emerging or established companies in blockchain / crypto / web3 or financial technology strongly preferred.
- Active and in good standing to practice law in the United States regardless of where located.
What you’ll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we’ve got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the b
est work of your career.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.optimism.io.