Acala’s mission is to build and nurture the autonomous financial infrastructure of the decentralized web. Delivering on this mission will bring more financial accessibility, opportunity, and prosperity to everyone on the planet through a new, open financial system.
Our core project is the Acala Network itself, which we expect to become the multichain DeFi hub built on top of Polkadot. We’ve built a suite of financial primitives including; decentralized, multi-collateral stablecoin; trustless liquid staking derivatives, and Decentralized Exchange, EVM app platform, and multichain asset router.
These primitives will be used by other teams to power open DeFi innovations, and remove the need for the intermediaries that inhabit almost every conventional trust-based financial system. We have secured our support from eminent backers like Polychain, Coinbase Venture, Pantera and many more.
About the role
As a DeFi App Product Manager at Acala your goal will be to keep our Engineering team focused on building what our growing network of DeFi customers wants. You’ll need to balance data-driven UX decisions with the technical demands of an Engineering Team liaison. Examples of Products that you could work on include:
- Acala’s Decentralised App suite for all DeFi activities
- Our Karura dApp suite, a sister suite for similar DeFi activities on Kusama
- Our EVM app platform, built upon the Polkadot blockchain network
- Extensions of all of these products into third party applications
This is an end-to-end Product Management role, best suited to an ex-Dev who has experienced the commercial side of web-based software products. The role will benefit from an in-depth knowledge of DeFi application practices, and the common pitfalls they succumb to, but you don’t need to be a Crypto expert.
You’ll be taking Software Products from conception to launch, and without basic DeFi user knowledge then you may find the learning curve quite steep, but you won’t be alone. You’ll be brainstorming app possibilities with an experienced DeFi PM, as well as the Acala founders themselves, and our Engineering Team of 20+ distributed throughout China and New Zealand.
Our ideal candidate will be a multi-lingual (English & Mandarin Chinese) DeFi user and an experienced Software Product Manager, who has already spent some time working with blockchain applications – whether commercially successful or not. But at a minimum we need a code-fluent Product Manager with a mature interest in decentralised applications, and the general concept behind blockchain applications.
Full Time | Contract | Competitive Salary | Remote APAC
What you’ll do
- Define & Own Product Roadmap goals
- Define [and re-define] functional software specifications
- Navigate workflows & wireframes with our Engineering team
- Execute UX enhancement projects
- Co-ordinate Product launches with our Community & Growth Managers
- Occasional ad-hoc projects with 3rd parties
What it takes
- 3 years of Commercial Software Product Management experience
- Passion for working with innovative Software Developers [50% of the job]
- A Demonstrable methodology for increasing efficiency across teams
- Fluent English & Mandarin Chinese
- A Software Engineering background is beneficial
What we offer
- Competitive contract-based compensation (you’ll have to invoice us from wherever you are)
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
With 20+ full-time team members working across 8 different countries, our team is truly decentralised. We’re some of the leading blockchain innovators, Substrate & Rust engineers, full-stack dApp developers, & Economist Analysts. But we’re just people like you, working from our shared desire for a fairer and more inclusive financial system, in direct contrast to the clear shortcomings of the current institutions that run our world.
The community we’re building is shaped by our values and fuelled by the needs of all humans:
- Inclusion, Care, Trust, and Respect
- Guidance and Support
- Friendship, Community, Real Relationships
We’re building Acala based on a core set of values we believe are in line with the tenets of web3:
- True decentralisation
- Less Trust, More Truth
- Empowering individuals with more autonomy
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter wellfound.com.