We are looking for an experienced data engineering manager to expand the scope and reliability of our data transformations. At Messari, we maintain a broad range of data ingestions from centralized to decentralized sources, and the amount of data we aggregate has grown substantially with the expansion of our business. Our goal is to ensure high data integrity across the breadth of our data for all customer analytical workflows.
This is an important role where you will work on our entire data architecture, developing strategies to ensure data quality, optimize data transformation, and standardize data modeling. Additionally, as the data engineering manager you will work closely with our data science, data engineering, and analytics teams to identify areas for improvement and develop innovative solutions to complex data problems in crypto. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of data management practices, and will be passionate about leading a high caliber team from the front. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and shape the future of data engineering at Messari.
What you’ll do:
- Be a partner and driver of data strategy. Work cross-functionally to build Messari’s data transformation and data standardization efforts.
- Ensure data quality by working alongside teams to improve data integrity and build systems that meet enterprise-grade data standards.
- Oversee data management, data analytics, data governance, and data provenance. Focus on the consistency and usability of the data.
- Build standardized data models that simplify the intricacies of blockchain data, while keeping the versatility necessary to meet the requirements of a fast-growing startup.
- Build systems to monitor and uphold data integrity.
- Lead a high caliber data team from the front. Collaborate with your team on data executions while managing and supporting each individual’s growth.
- Expand the team by attracting high-caliber talent judiciously.
Who you are:
- Strong engineering background with 10+ years of professional working experience, of which at least 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineering, Data Science, or Analytics Engineering capacity.
- 4+ years of prior people management experience, including performance reviews, coaching, mentoring and sprint planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a team-first attitude.
- Ability to manage and lead a high caliber team. Be able to think strategically and execute tactically alongside the team.
- Obsessed with data integrity. Upholds high standards for data transformation, data modeling, data lineage to ensure reliable and insightful analytics.
- Experience working with data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks, etc.
- Experience working with data transformation tools like DBT and using task orchestrators like Dagster or Airflow.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL and relational databases
Nice to haves:
- Interest for cryptocurrencies and a basic understanding of blockchains and/or decentralized finance (DeFi).
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
What you’ll love about Messari.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our offices in New York or San Francisco, the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.greenhouse.io.