Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Creative Strategist Role
We’re Status. We’re building the future of crypto, creating tools for empowering freedom and the network state. We are ‘old school’ crypto and adhere to our values and philosophy.
Our mission is to build tools to free and empower humanity, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the digital future.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Status, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will understand our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect everyone to commit to our mission and philosophy. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live in crypto, because for us it isn’t just a job but a way of life.
The Brand Studio team is looking for a creative strategist (activist) to help elevate our brand’s new approach and embed Status in culture.
This person will help drive our creative strategy with the Creative Director and Communications Director, lending insights and ideas to support work across Brand, Content, Product Marketing, and Communications that drives awareness and relevance, particularly in the crypto community.
As our Creative Strategist, you will help craft quick-turn ideas and build long-term plans that reinforce our brand strategy, and oversee the execution of the work. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of cultural and crypto trends, be able to apply creative thinking to content and activation ideas across teams, and have a passion for the future we’re building.
Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like Network States, AI, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop creative strategies, ideas, and initiatives that reinforce Status’ presence within those communities, from creating our own DAO(s) to developing digital and IRL experiences that creatively engage our audiences.
- Inspire teams by developing innovative, crypto-forward thinking that brings our brand and product visions to life.
- Drive execution of creative ideas with agency partners and internal teams across the organization
- Work closely with our Brand and Social teams to develop crypto-forward thinking to support existing plans and strategies, and implement new ideas that support long-term brand goals
- Develop and manage relationships within the crypto community, and leverage those partnerships to develop creative co-marketing opportunities for Status
- Maintain a strong understanding of trends and strategies within the space and regularly communicate with internal stakeholders to inform campaign work
- Discuss and provide feedback on brand, partnership, social, and product marketing strategies and ideas
What We’re Looking For:
- Web3 / Cypherpunk Philosophy
- 8+ years of experience in a creative, strategy, or development role at a tech, Web3, or crypto company
- Deep knowledge and interest in all things blockchain technology, crypto, Web3
- Knowledge of creative, brand marketing, and social strategy
- Experience translating consumer behavior into insightful, creative ideas
- Knowledge of the Coinbase platform and suite of products
- Ability to use analytics tools that track success of campaigns and efforts and make recommendations based on quantitative analysis
- Eagerness to engage and build within creative communities
- Open and eager to experiment with new tactics and platforms
- An interest in crypto and the freedom it can offer
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
Status offers above-average compensation, payable in fiat and/or crypto
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper from our People Ops team
- Interview with Ned, Status’ Creative Director
- Interview with Carl, one of Status’ Co-founders
- A compensated task project
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new Creative Strategist (you?) to join us as soon as possible!
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.status.im.