About MoonPay 🌖💸
Hi, we’re MoonPay. We’re here to onboard the world to Web3.
Why? Because we think Web3 is a unique and democratizing technology. It gives people back control of their money, digital identity, data, and property like nothing else before it.
What we do
We’re the leading infrastructure company in Web3. This means we offer our partners everything from payment solutions (we call them ‘Ramps’) to minting software for digital collectibles, like NFTs. And over 16 million people around the world now trust our products — just take a look on Trustpilot.
We’re also big on collaborations. And we’ve worked on stunts, drops, and partnerships with some of the world’s most prestigious and forward-thinking brands.
But that’s not all. At the start of 2023, we launched our own consumer app because we wanted to see if we could build a better Web3 account. It’s taken off in a big way, so we’re working to hone it further.
So whatever your background, we’re sure there’s something for you here. Come help us build the future of Web3 and digital ownership.
Locations Supported 🌍
New York, Miami, Boston
This role will be hybrid, and will require you to spend some portion of your time in our office in one of these locations.
About the Opportunity ✍️
MoonPay is looking for a Counsel, Litigation and Regulatory to assist with the company’s global regulatory programs, including building programs to implement and monitor requirements under global regulatory frameworks and engaging with regulators and internal stakeholders to align expectations and evidence compliance.
Reporting directly to the DGC, Product & Regulatory, this person will be an integral part of the company’s legal team working to ensure the business is fully informed of relevant regulatory and policy developments, and (ii) the practical impact of new law and regulation in this developing space.
What you will do…
- Advise on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues relating to new products in the web3 space, in the United States and internationally.
- Assist and advise on substantive legal matters that relate to litigation, class action, employment and investigations.
- Manage regulatory inquiries, examinations, and investigations.
- Proactively monitor and assess the impact of regulatory developments in order to devise product changes to future-proof core products and support the development of emerging products.
- Monitor, report and influence on a wide spectrum of issues, including consumer protection; data security, protection and privacy; anti-money laundering and licensing.
- Partner with the business on new product development and service enhancements.
- Assist and advise on the company’s global licensing strategy and work closely with Compliance to manage our growing license portfolio.
About You 🙋
Most importantly, you will embody the core principles that everyone here at the MoonPay lives by. Our “BLOCK Values” are at the heart of everything we do – and they are…
B – Be Humble
L – Lead with Empathy
O – Own It
C – Communicate with Clarity
K – Kaizen
What you will need…
- 5+ years of legal experience in regulation in the financial services industry and/or private practice, or as a regulator.
- Strong preference for crypto experience or technology start-up experience.
- J.D. or LLM and active membership with a state bar and eligible to practice in any U.S. state.
- Experience in cryptocurrency-related litigation, government investigations, or regulatory advice is preferred – but it is essential that this candidate is excited about having a seat at the table of history on developing legal jurisprudence around web3.
- Knowledge and experience with SEC, CFTC, money transmission licenses, and e-money licenses or other financial regulatory agencies and licenses are a plus.
- Excellent communications skills are critical. Provide crisp and practical legal advice and synthesize complex regulatory constructs succinctly and effectively, especially in circumstances where application of the law to the underlying technology and related products is unclear.
- Ability to identify issues and suggest enhancements to form agreements, policies, procedures, and processes and help scale as the company grows.
- Ability to navigate through legal ambiguity with high degree of focus.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative, and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel that you are only a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
Pay transparency statement:
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is up to $200,000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional benefits.
Equity package 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Annual training budget 💻
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
Commitment to diversity:
At MoonPay we believe that every voice matters. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. That’s why we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including, but not limited to, hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, and leave of absence.
MoonPay is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform our Talent Team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter moonpay.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.