As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
Proof of work
Join our growing corporate legal team of more than 13 attorneys and paraprofessionals working on matters such as international corporate structuring, product formation, public company preparedness, and equity financings to further Kraken’s mission.
This role is fully remote within the United States (US). Per the listed requirement for US state bar admission, we will consider US-based applicants.
- Manage and advise on domestic and international corporate governance, regulatory compliance, international registrations, compliance, and management of subsidiary entities
- Collaborate closely with business executives and colleagues in the legal, tax, HR, treasury, and finance departments on domestic and international corporate governance, corporate structuring, regulatory compliance, and related securities matters
- Contribute to a growing corporate legal team that is building out org structure, playbooks, and processes
- Review and collaborate with compliance professionals on AML, KYC/UBO compliance, and other regulatory aspects
- Provide support for corporate development activities, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic corporate partnership
Skills you should HODL
- 5+ years of attorney experience in corporate governance, to include a blend of in-house and law-firm, plus relevant experience in a regulated industry/context
- JD from a well regarded law school and membership (in good standing) in a US state bar
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills
- Mindset that is team-oriented, plus proactive and entrepreneurial: an opportunity-making person who uses the law to increase the company’s optionality, not decrease it
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
- Experience both in house and at a law firm
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.lever.co.