We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Coinbase Asset Addition team prides itself on being the compliance force on the front lines of the financial revolution by managing reviews of assets considered for support across Coinbase products. You’ll support German operations by taking on compliance reviews of potential listings, perform diligence on project teams and product use cases, and evaluate related risks. You’ll also deliver on quality objectives and liaise with downstream Compliance teams to share insights to support asset monitoring.
The ideal candidate will be a crypto-forward individual with a drive to see beyond the curve, possess working knowledge of various protocols, and be a strong team player. This role will report to the Asset Addition Manager and will be located in the UK.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Research blockchain projects to understand their use cases;
- Perform due diligence on UBOs, founders and project teams;
- Evaluate their risks from a Compliance perspective;
- Execute on a methodology for rating assets;
- Present your findings and recommendations;
- Conduct proactive research, including ad hoc due diligence and special projects;
- Educate and inform others of asset risks to improve investigative tools and compliance controls;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years of experience in research, investigations, and/or due diligence;
- Professionally fluent in German (and English);
- Working knowledge of blockchains and various network protocols;
- Familiarity navigating crypto analysis tools including block explorers and data aggregators;
- A well-organized self-starter who is able to constantly learn and work autonomously;
- OSINT expertise and investigative mentality;
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information;
- Effective interpersonal and time management skills;
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication prowess;
- Foundational knowledge of banking laws, rules, and regulations including BSA/AML regs, 4MLD, OFAC requirements and consumer protections regulations.
- B.A./B.S. degree or higher;
Nice to haves:
- Experience working at a cryptocurrency exchange or other crypto project/company
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, participate in any in-person gathering (including offsites) or engage in business travel sponsored by Coinbase, you will be required to be fully vaccinated (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.coinbase.com.