Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
A group of Status Contributors are also involved in a new project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimised, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions – paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
You can read more about Logos here: in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
The Communications team, known as CommsHub – an interdisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists, artists, campaigners, researchers, and communications specialists – is at the heart of these efforts. It is tasked with designing and delivering a purpose led, multilayered, and multifaceted Communications Strategy, consisting of many streams, aspects and features, and aimed at balancing our commercial and political priorities.
We want to build a powerful and action-oriented movement of individuals and groups aimed at not just imagining a different future, but actively participating in shaping it.
To this end, our commercial communications—the marketing and communications of our business units and their work—should ensure clarity, purpose and character. Our political communications should be precise, accurate and exact, but also inspiring, motivating, impactful, and energetic.
CommsHub consists of seven units:
- Technology and Design Studio
- Project Management and Planning
- Research and Insight (Audience Research)
- Copywriting and Technical Documentation
- Digital Content Studio
- Movement Building and Campaign Activation
- Public Relations and Media
CommsHub seeks a results-oriented Community Marketing and Comms Strategist who will be positioned within the Movement Building and Campaign Activation unit.
Our commercial communication, the marketing and communications of our different teams and their work, should ensure clarity, purpose and character. Our political communications should be precise, accurate and exact, but also inspiring, motivating, impactful, and energetic.
What you bring
You think strategically, continuously innovate, and have an intimate understanding of both conventional and emerging marketing strategies and channels. The organisation is made of a number of interconnected projects with different objectives, independent strategies & timelines. This role will include designing and delivering an org-wide strategy which includes the marketing and communications of our interconnected projects.
In this role, you have primary responsibility for day-to-day commercial communications and will significantly contribute to our political communications efforts which will be co-led by other contributors. As such, you are expected to work with contributors across the organisation to design and execute our commercial communications plan.
If you pride yourself on having excellent attention to detail, plus the ability to meticulously design and execute campaigns; this could be a great fit for you.
- Design and deliver a detailed, research-based organisation-wide commercial communications plan.
- Proactively collaborate across multiple teams within the org to ensure successful delivery of the communications plan.
- Own day-to-day responsibility for all of our commercial communications and marketing.
You ideally will have
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, including experience in Web3 / blockchain.
- Experience in community engagement, marketing and communications.
- Experience of successfully designing and delivering niche social media campaigns.
- Ability to plan & execute events (both online and offline) targeting and attracting audiences in the Blockchain space.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal guidance and comfortable working autonomously
- Good understanding of the political climate and developments in the privacy, data & digital rights, and/or Blockchain space.
- Ability to monitor, analyse and utilise performance data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills; with the ability to initiate, monitor, prioritise, and complete projects.
- High degree of self-motivation & exceptional attention to detail.
- Commitment and willingness to learn and grow.
- Strong alignment to Our Principles https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field
- Experience in political, campaigning, civil society, human rights organisations/NGOs.
- Experience in Blockchain and peer-to-peer technology.
- Experience working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organisation or a politically aligned organisation to Status.
- You identify with the Cypherpunk movement.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $70,000 – $100,000 (negotiable, depending on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter jobs.status.im.