WHAT YOU WILL DO
Location: London, on-site
Position: Full time
About Gnosis Pay
Gnosis Pay is the first Decentralized Payment Network (DPN), bridging the gap between real-world payments and blockchain transactions. By introducing the first-of-its-kind Visa-certified debit card directly connected to a self-custodial crypto wallet instead of a traditional bank account, Gnosis Pay makes the transition from Web2 to Web3-based payments simple and intuitive. Gnosis Pay is an open framework, providing the platform and tooling for Web3 projects, wallets, and financial institutions to build their own decentralized payment solutions. For more information about Gnosis Pay, check out our website: https://gnosispay.com/
About the role
We are looking for a Legal Counsel with Commercial and Regulatory experience who will play an important role in a broad range of complex, often strategic matters related to the development and growth of Gnosis Pay’s business and its arrangements with service providers, customers and regulators. Most of the team are based in the UK and Portugal, but we also have colleagues around the world supporting our business globally. This role is ideal for an individual who thrives in a start-up environment, brings an interdisciplinary approach to solving problems and is comfortable working independently and directly with senior level executives and the board.
- Legal Compliance: Stay up-to-date with global regulations and industry standards related to blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and payments. Interpret and advise on legal implications for the development and deployment of Web3 payment solutions.
- Regulatory Strategy: Develop and execute a regulatory strategy to navigate legal challenges in different jurisdictions. Collaborate with internal teams to ensure our products and services adhere to relevant regulatory requirements. Help with shaping strategies to anticipate regulatory changes.
- Contract Review and Negotiation: Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of contracts, agreements, and partnerships, including technology licenses, service agreements, investment agreements and strategic alliances. Ensure that contractual terms align with our business objectives and mitigate potential legal risks.
- Corporate Governance: provide guidance on matters relating to corporate governance and the implementation of relevant systems of rules, practices, procedures and structures for effective management of the company’s affairs.
- Risk Management: Identify legal risks and potential liabilities associated with product and service development, business strategies, data privacy, security, and more. Provide actionable recommendations to mitigate risks and ensure compliance.
- IP Protection: Assist in protecting the company’s intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights, in the context of blockchain technology and payment solutions.
- Data Protection and Privacy: Lead efforts to ensure compliance with data protection regulations, including GDPR and similar laws. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement privacy policies, data handling procedures, and consent mechanisms. Safeguard any personal data and ensure transparency in data processing activities.
WHO YOU ARE
- UK qualified lawyer with at least 2 years’ PQE at a top law firm or in-house legal department. Additional admission to practice law in the EU or US would be a plus.
- Experience advising on general commercial and regulatory issues in the financial services and/or technology sectors.
- In-depth understanding of the financial services regulatory regime in the UK. Knowledge in other jurisdictions would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of capital market laws and anti-money laundering laws
- At least a basic understanding of blockchain technologies / cryptocurrencies and a passion for Web 3.0
- An eye for detail whilst being able to see ‘the big picture’
- Flexible, commercial and solution driven with a high level of business pragmatism
- The ability to present information in a clear, concise and logical manner and to achieve effective communication across international boundaries, mindful of different cultural norms
- Creative, problem solving mindset. Gets things done
- Willingness to act as a legal generalist who is comfortable handling most day to day matters in-house
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure
- Ability to work with limited supervision, but as part of the team
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? → We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? → You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Not really an early bird? No worries! → Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you with all the tools you need!
But most important – grow with us! We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for you at Gnosis Pay. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
Please apply with your (English) resume. We look forward to your application!
At Gnosis Pay, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Gnosis boasts an unparalleled track record of experimentation and building decentralized infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem. When Gnosis was founded in 2015, it focused on building prediction markets to enable worldwide access to accurate information. Today, as a DAO, Gnosis uses the products that it creates to transparently guide decisions on the development, support, and governance of its ecosystem. Safe, Cow Protocol, Conditional Tokens, Gnosis Auction, Zodiac, Agnostic Relay, and MEV Blocker are all products and protocols incubated by Gnosis.
In November 2021, the xDai and GnosisDAO communities voted to combine their vibrant ecosystems to create the Gnosis Chain, an EVM compatible, community owned network that prioritizes credible neutrality. Secured by over 125k validators around the world, Gnosis Chain ensures a secure and resilient infrastructure. Users and developers on Gnosis Chain can also take advantage of familiar tooling and trust-minimized bridges to the Ethereum mainnet. Gnosis Chain employs the same execution and consensus layer clients as Ethereum, ensuring seamless integration with all future EIPs.
Most recently, we launched Gnosis Pay, the first decentralized payment network allowing web3 developers to integrate with a range of traditional payment schemes including Visa. Gnosis Pay allows users to spend their digital assets anywhere Visa is accepted with the same quick, seamless transactions they expect from a traditional debit card.
Embrace the future of decentralized technology with Gnosis Chain, and join us as we continue to shape the next generation of web3 advancements. Together, we are building a decentralized ecosystem that empowers users and fosters global innovation.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter gnosis.jobs.personio.com.