Evmos is on a mission to develop and ship the foundational tools necessary for building the cross-chain applications of the future, freeing developers from the confines of today’s siloed blockchains. Our teams are building for a world where the next million Web3 users are simply regular users. Read our latest manifesto here.
Evmos opens a new frontier for blockchain applications, expanding the functionality of the EVM by enabling cross-chain applications that tap the liquidity and user bases of multiple blockchain ecosystems to provide more unified experiences.
This is an opportunity to join Evmos at a pivotal time on our growth journey. Having just raised $27m in funding from investors including Polychain Capital, Coinbase Ventures and Circle Ventures, Evmos is now poised to accelerate towards our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
About The Role:
As our Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will play a vital role within our dedicated DevOps team, defining and implementing strategies to manage and optimise our infrastructure.
Your hands-on expertise will allow you to implement system infrastructure best practices and create essential guidelines for our developer community. You will also be tasked with constructing automated tools and workflows to bolster our validator community, node partners, and core engineering team.
This role is a perfect match for someone with solid experience in both DevOps and software development, looking to leverage their skills in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
As part of our team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other engineering teams and engage with projects within the wider ecosystem like IBC, Cosmos, and Tendermint Core teams.
What You Will Gain:
Engaging with us provides you with the unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of blockchain technologies. You will delve into the intricacies of smart contracts, utilizing EVM and go-ethereum (Geth), and learn to implement app chains using the Cosmos SDK framework and the Tendermint Consensus Engine.
Our team, pioneers in teaching the first university-level Blockchain for Developers course at UC Berkeley, are perfectly poised to guide you through this journey. In this role, you will further expand your professional expertise in cutting-edge blockchain technologies and its related fields, such as economics, mathematics, cryptography, and distributed systems.
This is not just a job, but an opportunity to grow, continually learn, and actively contribute to the exciting and rapidly evolving field of blockchain technology. Your existing skills will be valued and expanded upon, creating a trajectory for professional development that is as unique as it is rewarding.
- Architect, manage, and improve our infrastructure across various platforms including GCP, the top cloud providers, and potentially bare-metal servers
- Employ GitOps practices and utilize ArgoCD for continuous delivery
- Develop and manage resilient backup systems for large-scale data
- Establish and manage monitoring systems based on Prometheus, Loki, Grafana, and Alertmanager
- Ensure high system availability and close to 99.9% uptime for our critical systems
- Participate in on-call duties as required
- Utilize modern Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools and techniques
- Drive automation across tasks and workflows
- Write and manage configuration manifests
- Maintain and manage GitHub Actions for CI/CD
- Work closely with the core engineering team to manage the infrastructure needs of the company
- Execute benchmarking, fuzzing and stress tests on node infrastructure
- Support network and application upgrades
- Proactively identify infrastructure bottlenecks and propose robust and scalable solutions
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of processes, systems, and infrastructure configuration
- Participate in planning and post-mortems to provide DevOps insights and learnings
- Maintain a strong focus on business outcomes and customer experience in decision-making
- Promote and implement best practices in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and System Security
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure seamless product releases
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role or as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Solid expertise in at least one programming language
- Proven experience with writing and managing configuration manifests
- Robust knowledge of managing GKE clusters and GCP, along with familiarity with other top cloud and bare-metal providers
- Demonstrable practical experience with GitOps practices and ArgoCD
- Proficiency in deploying and managing GitHub Actions for CI/CD
- Extensive experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Loki, Grafana, and Alertmanager
- Demonstrable experience with modern Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools
- Proven history of contributions to open-source projects, excluding minor changes such as README file updates
- Must be Europe-based
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with CUE language
- Hands-on experience with Google Anthos
- Experience with managing and optimizing performance for bare-metal nodes
- Understanding of modern IT security trends
- Practical experience with Crossplane, Kubernetes operators, Kyverno, Velero, and application profiling
- Experience with Key Management Systems (KMS)
- Understanding of Byzantine Fault Tolerance (BFT) and Proof of Stake (PoS) blockchains
Although a formal CS degree is NOT strictly required, we are looking for someone with “computer science fundamentals” or relevant experience in the field. We’re looking for new teammates that have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Below is a list of company benefits available to Evmos employees. We are constantly updating them as part of the regular feedback cycle from the team. Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
- Competitive salary, plus token package
- Fitness and mental health/mindfulness stipends
- All necessary equipment, tech, and office setup
- Global co-work membership (for remote employees)
- Full Health Care coverage
- Quarterly team off-sites and retreats
- Full reimbursement for ecosystem conferences (travel, accommodation, and tickets)
- Continuous learning stipends / Educational budget
- Transportation stipends, eg: Bike, public transportation, Uber / cab (in case of work-related or after-hour traveling)
- Unlimited vacation policy for full-time employees
- PTO and situation-specific support
- Maternity and paternity leave
At Evmos, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other legally protected status.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter boards.eu.greenhouse.io.