The Graph is an indexing protocol for making web3 data easily accessible, by querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS. Anyone can build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, to retrieve data. Web3 is a new stack for a radically better internet. All data is stored and processed on open networks with verifiable integrity. The Graph makes querying this data fast, reliable, and secure. By combining web3 protocols, developers can build dapps with powerful new features for solving the world’s greatest challenges.
The Graph Foundation is guiding The Graph ecosystem into the future. We help grow the community of users and subgraph developers, distribute grants, support protocol governance and lead educational initiatives. The CFO will support the Foundation and Council’s initiatives in supporting the long-term health and growth of The Graph ecosystem. We help coordinate with core developer teams, grantees, network participants and DAOs to ensure long-term sustainability.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to lead financial strategy and operations to support The Graph Foundation and community treasury. The ideal candidate is familiar with crypto and web3 financials, has overseen or managed a fund before and is well-versed in treasury management best practices. We are looking for someone who is a leader and driven self-starter who can thrive independently in a dynamic environment, and planning for uncertain conditions. A person that is passionate about Web3 and believes in The Graph’s mission. This person must be excited about driving the protocol’s growth and the treasury’s health long-term. Someone who is personable, can meet diverse challenges and is capable of being a leader in both in the blockchain and traditional worlds alike.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Treasury and crypto asset management
- Balance sheet management
- Financial strategy and planning
- Developing both short-term and long-term business plans
- Weekly and quarterly reporting to the co-founders
- Managing financial forecasting and budgets in preparation of all financial reporting
- Driving financial communications and reporting with Council
- Leading risk assessment, management and scenario modeling
- Predicting future financial trends and providing directive guidance
- Responsible for ideation, back-testing, and stress-testing, implementing strategies
- Supporting ecosystem DAOs in bootstrapping treasury management
- Overseeing expenses, accounting and tax optimization
- Performing economic analyses for network participation
- Conducting project and grantee financial due diligence
- Ensuring compliance with the law, financial practices and regulation, and company’s policies
What We Expect
- Proven experience as a CFO, Fund Manager, Principal or Senior Financial Manager with significant financial management experience
- Home location must be outside of the United States
- Past treasury, fund or venture capital management
- Able to use quantitative methods with risk assessment, asset evaluation, detect/forecast market changes and help make business and financial decisions.
- A strong understanding for crypto assets or crypto financials
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles with working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- An analytical mind and advanced Excel abilities
- Familiar with common financial models used in corporate finance such as Three statement Model, DCF Model, Budget model, Option Pricing Model, etc.
- Commercial and business awareness
- Have an extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company (short and long-term), general market (macro/micro) and crypto patterns
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- MA degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- Several years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm + experience in a venture backed company will also be considered a plus
- Excellent analysis and writing skills
- Great communication skills
About the Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Figment, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter the-graph.breezy.hr.