Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. Edge & Node also launched Everest, a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
The Business team is a highly-focused group of web3 pioneers pushing the industry to greater heights while onboarding the next billion web3 users. Supporting a global ecosystem (and having a blast doing it), we develop and execute on business strategy, create communications, manage partnerships and support participants of The Graph Network. Ensuring a healthy, happy ecosystem while fostering meaningful relationships with the community is as essential as to us our morning matcha lattes. The business team comprises Business Development, Partnerships, Solutions Engineering, Marketing, Brand Building, GRT Relations, and Finance/ GRT Relations.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter and driven individual who can thrive in a dynamic and sometimes undefined environment, and who doesn’t mind reaching out and getting to know people/projects that he/she has never met. A person that is passionate about Web3 and familiar with The Graph. Someone who is committed to using business expertise to support business growth, ensure an excellent experience for users of The Graph, and being okay with not getting a yes the first time…and not giving up. This person must be excited about driving the organization’s growth and success. Someone who is personable, enjoys meeting new people and developing partnerships with top business leaders, both in the blockchain and traditional worlds alike.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Understanding the landscape of all of The Graph’s ecosystem participants between L1 Blockchains, L2 Blockchains, subgraphs, and dapps.
- Building and maintaining relationships with top protocols, dapps, and relevant companies in the crypto space
- Staying on top of partners’ upcoming events and product launches and supporting where we can
- Developing and maintaining positive and effective partnerships and purposeful relationships that are relevant to the implementation of The Graph’s Web3 and multi-blockchain strategy
- Identifying projects using subgraphs and being proactive in making the most out of those relationships
- Coordinating the execution of integration/collaboration initiatives and working with Solutions Engineers to guide them to completion
- Managing top accounts paying for queries in the decentralized network, as well as converting hosted service users to paying users on the network
- Educating new dapps on how to migrate to the network, as well as ensuring they have an excellent experience throughout the entire process
- Ensuring all issues that come up for existing users of The Graph are addressed properly, efficiently, and that users have a good experience throughout the process
- Helping to facilitate internal and external group events (online panels/meetings, conferences, off-sites & all-hands), meeting agendas, logistics and follow-ups
- Helping with the business strategy and thinking long term
- Helping to identify high level partners to bring into the ecosystem as power users
What We Expect
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain strong relationships
- Strong cross-cultural skills and versatility in dealing with different types of partnership
- Proven track record in successful sales, business development and managing Institutional relationships
- Detail oriented and data driven, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Organized and diligent in task management
- Independent and creative thinker
- Action oriented
- Experience working with Web3 or blockchain companies or similar, preferably in a BD capacity
- Have a solid understanding of The Graph, relevant blockchain technology, overall blockchain ecosystems, projects and communities
- Personal integrity with an honest and open personal style
- Approachable, with an ability to engage partners at all levels
- Ability to close deals in an efficient and friendly way
- BS/MA degree in Business, Communication or related fields
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built