Purpose of the job:
As the Global OTC Manager for VALR, your mission is to oversee and enhance our global Over-the-Counter (OTC) trading operations. Drawing on your extensive experience in OTC management, you will start operations for a new on-balance sheet OTC line of business. You will assist with growing the book, collaborating with internal teams to ensure operational excellence, and ultimately driving profitable trading activity. Additionally, your role will involve setting up and optimising technology to establish a world-class, scalable, and reliable OTC system. This role will involve helping to optimise our existing trade flow by taking on calculated balance sheet exposure to enhance volumes, revenue, and customer experience.
What will you be doing:
Lead Global OTC Operations:
- Oversee end-to-end OTC trading operations globally, ensuring efficiency and adherence to best practices.
- Build and lead a high-performing OTC team, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure cohesive operations and provide support where necessary.
International Sales and Growth:
- Utilise your network to drive international OTC sales and expand the exchange’s global OTC client base.
- Collaborate with the Head of Growth for strategic sales initiatives, performance analysis, and growth strategies.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve OTC revenue targets with support from the Business Development Manager and Head of Growth.
Risk Management Oversight:
- Implement risk management protocols and parameters to ensure sustainability of the OTC on balance sheet trading.
- Monitor positions and exposure and take appropriate action to rectify excess risk.
- Ensure all OTC trading occurs within our regulatory obligations.
- Collaborate with the Operations Team to address day-to-day issues and risk management within the OTC trading desk.
- Provide oversight and support to the African OTC Manager in navigating specific challenges.
- Work closely with the admin and applications teams to set up efficient and secure OTC trading technology.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of a scalable and reliable OTC system.
- Contribute to the implementation of technological solutions to enhance OTC trading performance.
What we look for in you:
- Proven leadership experience in global trading operations, with a minimum of 5 years in financial trading environments, including at least 3 years in crypto.
- Proven track record in building and leading successful OTC operations.
- Established network and relationships with institutional clients and liquidity providers on a global scale.
- Strong understanding of global regulatory requirements related to OTC trading.
- Ability to lead a team and drive international sales efforts.
- Strong sales acumen with the ability to drive international business growth.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills for client interactions.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to align OTC operations with overall company goals.
- Experience in setting up and optimising OTC trading technology.
What can you expect from VALR:
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry.
- Leave: Compliance with statutory leave required by individual countries, in addition to flexible leave.
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like – Employees to ensure secure, stable internet connectivity to effectively work remotely.
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home – all of it yours to keep after 3 years. Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Learning fund: An annual upskilling budget of R16,000 per employee, which will be converted to the respective currency of the employee’s payment, in addition to scheduled VALR training.
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses.
- Regular get-togethers outside of work.
- Annual company retreats.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.valr.com.