Purpose of the job:
To drive the growth of VALR by originating new customers, developing relationships with existing customers, and identifying opportunities for further growth within existing and new customer segments. This role will have a focus on South African OTC market share growth and performance of our VIP customer segment locally while still having an input and contributing to international BD efforts, particularly within Africa.
What will you be doing:
- Originate new customers and develop relationships particularly as it relates to OTC and African VIP relationships.
- Attend conferences and events for business development and network building.
- Represent the voice of the customer internally.
- Hold and maintain key customer relationships, proactively growing and enhancing the relationship including cross-selling and soliciting, and acting promptly on feedback.
- Identify and pursue potential partnerships to enhance business growth.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to align business development efforts with promotional activities.
- Monitor and analyse market trends to identify new business opportunities.
- Provide insights on competitor activities and market developments.
- Orchestration of OTC deals and other transactions.
- Play a key role in pricing and trading activities where required.
- Work closely with the product team to understand and address customer needs through product improvements or new offerings.
- Support international growth efforts and operations as needed.
What we look for in you:
- South African resident, ideally in Johannesburg, or willing to travel occasionally.
- Experience in lead generation and sales.
- Experience in trading and OTC environments (crypto experience favoured).
- At least 3 years of business experience in professional, financial services, or similar industries.
- Adaptable with the ability to change priorities rapidly.
- Strong interpersonal, client communication, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry and regulatory environment.
- Responsive to internal and external communication in a fast-moving industry.
- Strong deal-making ability.
- Outgoing and able to connect easily with a wide range of personalities.
What can you expect from VALR:
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry.
- Leave: Compliance with statutory leave required by individual countries, in addition to flexible leave.
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like – Employees to ensure that there is secure, stable internet connectivity to effectively work remotely.
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home – all of it yours to keep after 3 years. Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Learning fund: R16,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training.
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses.
- Regular get-togethers outside of work.
- Annual company retreats.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.valr.com.