Chorus One is one of the leading operators of infrastructure for Proof-of-Stake networks and decentralized protocols. Tens of thousands of retail customers and institutions are staking billions in assets through our infrastructure helping to secure protocols and earn rewards. Our mission is to increase freedom and speed of innovation through decentralized technologies.
We are a diverse team of around 50 people distributed all over the globe. We value radical transparency, striving for excellence and improvement while treating each other with kindness and generosity. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a senior software engineer, you will be an integral part of our Opus software engineering team. Opus is our one-stop-shop for staking Ethereum. For users, it offers a portal where users can stake and see their rewards, and check the status of their validators. On the backend, we have a platform that automatically launches, manages, and monitors these validators.
Opus consists of a React/Next.js frontend and a backend written in Rust. It is backed by PostgreSQL and Hashicorp Vault, and runs mostly on Google Cloud, with some bandwidth-intensive parts running on bare metal.
Your main role will be to design, develop, and deploy software systems to advance our product as well as other staking services.
Design and develop new features. Discuss with internal stakeholders to clarify how our next feature should look, discuss with fellow engineers how it should be implemented, and then drive implementation to completion.
Support and collaborate. Review and discuss engineering designs, review code, help fellow engineers, and mentor them on a technical level.
Innovation and continuous improvement. Seek to simplify, optimize, and secure our staking services and systems.
What we are looking for
- Absolute minimum 5y experience as a Software Engineer.
- Absolute minimum 3y experience as a Software Engineer specifically working on backend services running in production.
- Deep understanding of at least one compiled statically typed programming language (e.g. Kotlin, Go, C++, Haskell) and knowledge of Rust obtained either professionally or as a hobby. We value general software engineering skills that transfer across languages more than detailed knowledge of Rust (which is easy to acquire), but we do expect you to have worked in a serious Rust codebase before.
- Experience developing applications for Linux.
- Experience writing reliable applications using SQL databases , preferably PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of core protocols that underlie the web, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, and DNS.
- Understanding of or interest in blockchains and crypto space.
- Good knowledge of Git and source control best practices.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a remote environment.
- At least 3 hours overlap with European working times.
Nice to have
Having worked with cloud before, preferably Google Cloud.
Experience building, deploying, operating, and monitoring software, and related tools such as Prometheus, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes and Vault.
Having worked with Ethereum before.
Basic familiarity with how blockchains work, and consensus algorithms such as pBFT.
Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python.
Candidates in European time zones (GMT+0 to GMT+3).
- Autonomy and ownership in a friendly and supportive work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth.
- Competitive fixed compensation (USD 90k – 130k commensurate with experience and equity options available)
- All-expense paid biannual team retreats at various destinations. Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA, South Korea, and Dubai.
- Remote, but not alone. We are a strong global collaborative environment.
- Remote working budget (Laptop, co-working space, etc)
- Personal development budget
- Gather experience and build your network in the vibrant crypto ecosystem.
- Learn about state-of-the-art protocols that lay the foundation for an open, transparent, and programmable financial system.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.chorus.one.