VALR Company Information
VALR has built the largest cryptocurrency platform headquartered in Africa, serving over 378,000 customers. We are proud to offer a suite of products that are helping increase economic freedom and build a financial system that recognizes the oneness of humankind.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at VALR, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture where we:
- Default to a high degree of autonomy and ownership combined with positive energy and truth-seeking
- Embrace feedback
- Disrupt ourselves
- Expect sustained high performance
Second, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone, which we’re working to achieve with our suite of products that serve South Africans and eventually customers globally.
With the above in mind and our goals of disrupting the financial system and serving humanity, we require unique, dedicated and incredibly talented people to join the VALR family.
Blockchain Integration Specialist
VALR is looking for a Blockchain Integration Specialist with NodeJS experience to join our Wallet Engineering Team.
What would you be doing?
- Build, improve and maintain containerised clusters of blockchain daemons/consensus nodes in a scalable and highly redundant way
- Develop and deploy NodeJS workers, within VALR’s infrastructure, that interface with blockchain nodes’ HTTP or Websocket interfaces
- Implement robust monitoring tools to control the stability of VALR’s blockchain infrastructure using Grafana and Prometheus
- Subscribe to relevant Discord, Telegram, and Github channels and maintain healthy relationships with the web3 community as a way to quickly solve problems with Blockchain node execution
What we look for in you
- Proficiency in management and maintenance of cloud infrastructure
- Experience with running Docker containers
- Strong passion for cryptocurrencies and the technology that underpins it
- Advanced NodeJS skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Advanced understanding of security principles and practices
- Display trust and honesty in the handling of cash or finances
Nice to haves
- Previous experience in interacting with blockchain nodes (ie. Bitcoin, Ethereum)
- Previous experience in using Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes experience
- Typescript skills
- Other technologies of interest: Message queues (RabbitMQ), Monitoring Tools (Grafana, Prometheus)
- Solidity skills
What you can expect from VALR
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like – Employees to ensure that there is secure, stable internet connectivity in order to effectively work remotely
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home – all of it yours to keep after 3 years. Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Learning fund: R16,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses
- Statutory leave required by individual countries, in addition to flexible leave
- Regular get-togethers outside of work (COVID permitting)
- Annual company retreats (COVID permitting)
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.valr.com.