Make your positive impact on the future of gaming
The gaming industry is changing at lightning speed. From the growth of free-to-play and battle royale games, to the arrival of play-to-earn games and GameFi, the industry is evolving at a rapid pace. Nyan Heroes is at the forefront of this evolution focused on building a AAA battle royale game that is launching its alpha late 2022. To further involve and empower players fairly in every aspect of the game and economy, Nyan Heroes will be leveraging the benefits of the blockchain while also positioning itself as the benchmark for fair, sustainable game development in this space. We aim to lead the advancement of the GameFi industry technologically, ethically, and inspirationally.
About the role
Nyan Heroes are seeking to hire an experienced Art Director to take responsibility for making sure all visual aspects of our game meet the expectations of the leadership team and ultimately, the quality of our project. You’ll work directly and indirectly with all artists, forming partnerships with the wider team, with a strong focus on the big picture.
What you’ll be doing
The Art Director will be expected to fulfil the following activities:
- Ability to articulate and define the art style of the game in collaboration with senior game management
- Ensure visual consistency and continuity between all aspects of the game
- Work horizontally across all visual aspects of the game
- Deep knowledge of the latest art tools and systems (incl. Unreal 5)
- Create key art pieces that define the game
- Build, and maintain the game’s Art approach and philosophy
- Lead the Concept Art team while working closely with all other art teams
- Create and manage art pipelines (internal and external) together with department leads
- Conduct regular reviews of in-game content as well as concept material
- Balance visual quality and technical performance
- Ensure the creation and review of style guides for all visual disciplines
- 8+ years of game dev experience
- Shipped at least one AAA game in an Art Director role – Multiplayer preferred
- Deep understanding of all departments and phases of game development
- Experience in building a team and managing people
- Passion about gaming, crypto and blockchain technology
- Ability to work remotely and independently with flexible hours
- Strong communication skills
- Optional: you love cats and enjoy our humour
We would love to see your creative work! For this role, we ask that you provide:
- A showreel or portfolio (online is preferred, can also be attached to your CV)
- A complete shot breakdown of the work within showreel or portfolio
- Clear guidance about your specific responsibilities and contribution to the work within the showreel or portfolio.
- Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
- Equity/tokens available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
About Nyan Heroes
Nyan Heroes is a AAA F2P play-and-earn third person shooter (TPS) that will first be deployed on the PC. In Nyan Heroes, you play as a Nyan cat piloting a Guardian Mech set in a futuristic world where elements of fantasy and science fiction intertwine. Our goal is to create a rich gaming experience, backed by a fair, sustainable in-game economy, that players deeply enjoy, regardless of skill or investment. We’ve chosen to build on the Solana blockchain because it is a carbon-neutral blockchain and can support all of Nyan Heroes on-chain activities with minimal impact to our planet.
Nyan Heroes’ talented team is currently composed of 45+ individuals from gaming, new media, and web3. Our heroes already have previous experience in building global communities and launching crypto native projects. More than two-thirds of our team comes from AAA game studios including Ubisoft, Crystal Dynamics, EA, 2K, Riot, and more. We are proud to have one of the most experienced design, art, and development teams in the play-to-earn ecosystem.
In addition to reshaping the future of gaming, we are committed to creating the top gaming studio culture, founded on kindness. Nyan Heroes has a positive, diverse, and healthy remote work environment that supports everyone.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.linkedin.com.